Terms & Conditions
When buying e-tickets for Museum exhibitions and events you are entering into an agreement with Salisbury & South Wiltshire Museum on the following terms.
Classes of e-ticket holders
The following definitions will apply to e-ticket sales from the Salisbury Museum online shop:
1) Member: a member of Salisbury & South Wiltshire Museum or other affiliated body
2) Child under 16: a person aged from 5 years old to 15 years old (inclusive) Under 5’s are free
3) Adult: a person aged from 16 to 59 years old (inclusive)
4) Adult senior: a person aged 60 years or more.
5) Unemployed person: an adult who holds a valid ES40.
6) Disabled person: a child, adult or senior who holds proof of receipt of incapacity benefit, disabled person’s tax credit or disability living allowance.
7) Carer: a person accompanying a disabled person.
8) Student: an adult who shows valid photographic student ID.
Receiving your e-ticket
Once your online booking has been confirmed an order confirmation will be sent to the email address you specified.
It is your responsibility to check, prior to purchase, that the information you have supplied to us with regards to your e-ticket requirements is accurate. We are only responsible for issuing e-tickets in accordance with the information you provide.
Using your e-ticket
Once purchased neither the date, time nor event for which an e-ticket has been purchased may be changed. Payments for e-tickets are non-refundable. E-tickets are only valid for the date and time stated upon them.
For standard Museum entry, tickets are valid for 6 months from the date printed on the e-ticket and does not include entry to those exhibitions for which a separate charge is made.
On arrival at the event, the following will be required in order to validate an e-ticket purchased through Salisbury & South Wiltshire Museum website:
1) A legible printout of your e-ticket.
2) Appropriate proof of entitlement to any discounted ticket rate claimed (such as NUS card, ES40 or appropriate membership card) for each person to be admitted with the ticket.
3) The credit or debit card used to purchase the e-ticket through this website. Salisbury & South Wiltshire Museum reserves the right to charge normal event entry prices to any person not able to validate their e-ticket in the above manner.
4) Any additional persons wishing to enter with an e-ticket holder will be required to pay the normal entry rates.
No e-ticket may be resold without the prior written consent of Salisbury & South Wiltshire Museum. If any person attempts to enter an event with an e-ticket that has been resold without Salisbury & South Wiltshire Museum’s written consent, the Museum may refuse entry and no compensation is payable to that person by the Museum.
Should cancellation of the event, or any day of the event, be necessary, Salisbury & South Wiltshire Museum will attempt to contact all customers who have booked tickets in advance to arrange exchange or refund of tickets. This contact will be in the form of email, so customers are advised to check their email inbox before visiting the Museum to avoid an unnecessary journey should an event be cancelled. If an alternative visit date cannot be arranged, the Museum will then refund the full price paid to customers.
Return Visit Terms and Conditions.
The annual ticket does not entitle the holder to free admission on special event days. The Museum may specify a total of 5 special event days in that 365-day period on which this annual ticket will be exempt. These dates can be found on this website but if you are unsure we recommend that you call ahead of your visit. The event details are updated regularly on our website, so please check the relevant web page or phone the Museum prior to your visit. The individual paying the admission fee will be registered as the member, and will be required to be present and to provide proof of identity for return visits. If you require individual membership for members of your party, you should consider paying separately to enable you to gain return visits independently. Your annual ticket will be supplied on the day of your visit.